함께 해보자| The One with Mark - Not Too Young to Run: Episode 13 (2018)
[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD]
The More Sibyl Podcast Presents:
Recently, President Muhammadu Buhari, the Nigerian president, passed the “Not-too-young-to-run Act” into Law, thereby reducing the age qualification for certain elective offices created by the Nigerian constitution. The age qualification for president was reduced from 40 to 35 years. This effort was spearheaded by the wonderful folks at the Not Too Young to Run (NTYTR) Movement.
Thanks to the one degree of separation between us, I was able to bring one of those wonderful folks (Mr. Mark Amaza) behind the NTYTR movement on the show. In this episode, Mark and I talked a lot about this campaign and he was gracious enough to answer all the questions I presented before him. As a late bloomer to all things politics, I must say that I learned a lot from this episode and I hope this will be the same for you too.
Outro-ish Song: This is Nigeria by Falz; original song by Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino
Fun factS about Mark:
- He is a certified Bibliophile and one of his many love languages is Amazon Gift cards *hint hint*
- He has an idyllic memory to recall countries and their capitals.
- He speaks the Bura language which is spoken mainly in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states in Nigeria. The Bura language is a Chadic language and has been reported to contrast a voiceless palatal lateral fricative,  (ʎ̥˔), which is quite rare for languages.
- Get more involved in politics or governance, at the least.
- When voting, focus on the hows from aspirants; don’t just fall for the empty promises
- Download the Nigerian Constitution online for free
- Mechanisms like the “Ready to Run Movement” can help you run a better campaign. They can provide you with resources (not money to help you get started)
- Get your PVC (permanent voter’s card) today
- Run a better campaign
- You, as an electorate, have power in your hands; use it wisely.
The More Sibyl Podcast is now available on Stitcher. Can you kindly help leave a review on Stitcher? Link: http://bit.do/helpmo
- Not Too Young to Run Campaign: http://nottooyoungtorun.org/
- BudgIT Nigeria: www.yourbudgit.com; @BudgITng
- Ready to Run Campaign: readytorunng.org
- Follow Mark on Twitter on @amasonic and Mark Amaza on Facebook